Gandrapara Tea Garden is located in the tea growing region of Dooars in Jalpaiguri District of North Bengal. The garden is in the Banarhat Sub -District.The Banarhat township is about three k.m. from the garden factory. The garden is 95 k.m. from Siliguri and 65 k.m. from Jalpaiguri.
The garden has two divisions namely the North Division and the South Division.
Gandrapara was established in 1894. Gandrapara got its name from an illust rious Mechia tribesman named Gandra Machia. The first Manager of the estate was Mr.Parnell. The estate had a total grant area of 3236.12 Acres. Mr.Parnell planted 258 acres of tea in 1895 and in 1898 the total tea produced was 241 maunds. Gandrapara was part Duncan Brothers from its inception. In 1978 Goodricke Group Limited took over the Management of the property.