Kumargram Tea Garden is located on the extreme north eastern corner of West Bengal, bounded by the Bhutan Hills to the north, Sankos Tea Garden to the east and Newlands Tea Garden to the West. The southern portion of the garden passes into Bustee land, mostly paddy fields.
Kumargram Tea Garden is accessible by road from National Highway No.31. It is 23 Kms. from the town of Barobisa. The nearest railway station is New Alipurduar, which is 65 Kms. away and the nearest airport, is Bagdogra which is 230 Kms. away.
The garden consists of two divisions – West Division and East Division. The demarcation is mostly geographical.
The garden was established in the year 1896 and the first planting (Section No. 1 – which has since been uprooted) was undertaken in the same year. The garden’s name has possibly been derived from the nearby town of Kumargramduar. Kumargram Tea Garden was part of the Assam – Dooars Tea Company ( incorporated in the UK ). From 1st January, 1978, M/s Goodricke Group Limited, Calcutta took over the management of this garden.