Meenglas Tea garden is picturesque which is situated in the northern boundary of the Damdim Sub-District which is on the foot hills of the Kalimpong hills and straddling the road from Damdim to Kalimpong. This garden comes under the Jalpaiguri District of West Bengal State. It is situated on the western side of the Dooars and stands at an elevation of around 550 feet above sea level which is flanked by Chel river on the west and Malnudy on the East. The neighbouring gardens which are adjacent to our boundary are Malnady Tea Garden on the East, and Gurjungjhora and Rungamattee on the South and Sylee Tea Garden on the South West.
In the north the garden is bordering the Newra range of Gorubathan forest. The nearest Railway station is New Mal ( 16 km away ) and the Air link to the garden is the Bagdogra Airport which is 70 km in distance. The nearest township is Mal.
The first plantation of this garden began in the year 1881 when section no MG-1 was planted. This section was uprooted in 2005 and replanted in 2007.The garden has uprooted and replanted most of the old tea areas with good planting material .It manufactures high quality CTC teas.
Meenglas Garden was part of Meenglas Tea Co. which comprised of Puthar Jhora Tea Estate.
In the year 1962 the adjoining Dalingkote Tea Garden was amalgamated as a division with Meenglas Tea Garden which by then had already become a part of Duncan Brothers. But Puthorjhora was sold off prior to Dalingkote amalgmation.
Dalingkote, as per Jalpaiguri Gazzatte is the third oldest garden in the District and derived its name from the fort called Dalim Fort which was located on the hills north of this garden. This fort was named after the Dalim king who ruled the land in the early 19th century. In the 1840 the king ,after a protracted illness, finally faced a defeat and the kingdom became a part of the British Empire’s Kalimpong Sub Division of Darjeeling district. Meenglas Tea Garden became an integral part of Goodricke Group Limited in the year 1978.
The Garden was facilitated with new processing unit in the year 2007 , with all modern machineries after dismantling the previous one. It is one of the best modernized Tea processing unit in the region . It is HACCP certified since 2008.